Better Tools Mod adds many new tools and materials to make them with. You can now craft with emeralds and obsidian and can now create new tool types with handles of the tool’s material. This steeply increases durability. It DOES increase mining speed so very slightly, and the enchantment prospect of each tool (Except hoes of course) is much higher.
- Has Been updated for 1.6.2
- Added Emerald and Obsidian Armour
Credit to Neuroticcheeze1101.
Better Tools Mod 1.6.2 Installation
- Download and install Modloader or Minecraft Forge
- Navigate to your .minecraft. (Start+R and type %appdata%)
- Go into versions, copy “1.6.2″ and paste in versions again.
- Rename the new folder as “BetterTools”
- Open the folder and rename the Archive and Json as “BetterTools”
- Open the Json with Notepad, Notepad++, etc.
- Where you see (“id”: “1.6.2″), change “1.6.2″ to “BetterTools”.
- Now, open the archive within BetterTools and open my zip file. (It is recommended to place each window side by side)
- Copy all class files (Not any folders) over to the jar.
- Copy all contents within “To (armor)” into assets/minecraft/textures/models/armor
- Copy all contents within “To (items)” into assets/minecraft/textures/items
- Copy all contents within “To (lang)” into assets/minecraft/lang
- Delete META-INF as is necessary
- Start minecraft and in the launcher you should see “Edit Profile” make sure you have selected your desired profile and open it up.
- Where it says “Use Version” select “release BetterTools”