Not Enough Items Mod for Minecraft 1.8.2/1.8.1 - This mod adds in a few different non-gameplay altering things (unless you’re a cheater)! It has three different modes, and you can lock yourself into one of them so you’re not tempted to cheat (only changeable in the configuration file.) There’s Recipe Mode, which only allows you to view recipes and search for items. There’s also utility mode which gives you two more features which, by default, are Magnet Mode (drops come to you) and delete mode, which is self explanatory. I still think that should be in the vanilla game, but it’s here, so I won’t complain. Utility Mode also allows you to search for recipes. Now, for the final mode, which is cheat mode. I don’t know about you, but creative mode is a bit of a pain for me to use. My mouse glitches out and clicks several times making me destroy a large chunks of the machines and structures I build while in creative mode. If you have that problem while testing builds then cheat mode could be the solution for you. Along with the features of the other modes, it allows you to cheat in items, go into creative mode, change the time, toggle the rain, and heal yourself up to full health and hunger while in survival mode, making it harder to break more than one block with a single mouse click. It also allows you to save inventories so you don’t have to search for items all the time while testing builds out. You can toggle the GUI by pressing O on your keyboard. The features don’t end there, either. For those of you who install a ton of mods and don’t want to deal with randomly re-assigning ID values until you hit a set that works, it has an ID dump. What this does is saves all of the currently used and unused IDs into a text file for you to check where you can assign the IDs of those new items from that new mod you like.
In all, it’s a great mod for those of you who just want convenient recipes, install tons of mods with ID conflicts, and those of you who want to cheat your way to the top. I’d highly recommend checking it out even if you don’t fit into those categories.
Not Enough Items Mod for Minecraft 1.8.2/1.8.1 Main Features
- Recipes at your fingertips
- Search by item name or ID to easily find the recipes
- ID dump makes solving ID conflicts so much easier
Not Enough Items Mod for Minecraft 1.8.2/1.8.1 Pros and Cons
- Recipes at your fingertips
- Allows you to spawn in items for testing builds rather than using creative mode
- ID dump makes ID conflicts so much easier to solve
- Delete all mode for clearing out all of that cobblestone
- Some of the features are technically cheating, but you don’t have to use them if you don’t want.
How to Install Not Enough Items Mod for Minecraft 1.8.2/1.8.1
- Install Minecraft Forge.
- Install CodeChickenCore, out it into the coremods folder.
- Place the NEI archive into your coremods folder. It will not work if you put it in your mods folder.
- Place any modules into your mods folder, if you download any
- Run minecraft and enjoy.